WORLD FILM CARNIVAL : SINGAPORE
World Film Carnival – Singapore is a monthly live screening film festival. Live screening takes place every month at the below mentioned venue.
45 Armenian Street ,
Phone : +65 6337 7535
In Southeast Asia, Singapore has emerged as a prime place for film production. With a slew of media companies setting up offices, Singaporean names are emerging in the film and television industries. With high-profile events and conferences on the rise, the Lion City is quickly becoming a global force in the increasingly high-staking game of content creation. World Film Carnival finds that the time is in favor to have a large and permanent showcase in Singapore. For our filmmakers, it is vital that their work gets screened within some of the most famous thriving film business oriented metropolitan cities of the world.
WORD FILM CARNIVAL – SINGAPORE offers you, particularly the Indie filmmakers, to get live screening of your film in front of a large audience, get prestigious awards and international recognition. The fastest growing film festival in Asia aims to showcase emerging filmmakers’ talents with a 3 days celebration in a 100% audience choice awards platform at several interesting and prestigious screening-locations. Not only this, WFC – Singapore will take you to global platforms through its wide range of global film distribution networks.
WFC – Singapore is monthly live screening film festival. Each month more than 50 films from the different categories are officially selected and out of them at least one per category is awarded. The most representatives are monthly screened at a prestigious venue in Singapore and are rated on their respective IMDB pages (if applicable). All these monthly winners are automatically qualified for the annual live screening gala in the Lion City and can be nominated for the prestigious GOLDEN MERLION AWARDS (the best of the best). The annual event is a glamorous red carpet premiere with press conferences and gala parties at Singapore in the presence of international movie celebrities and media. The participants have excellent opportunities to exchange their ideas, ideologies and cultural diversities. The winners have a chance to meet with the audience and participate in Q&A after the screening for a healthy discussion about the film.
WFC is a thriving global community of artists and your association can be as big as you want it to be. From global screenings to distribution, PR support and production work – just from submitting to us alone you are opening yourself up to some genuine opportunities that lie ahead. It is definitely worth submitting to our other festivals as well to widen your work’s platform and maximize your networking opportunities. There are different judges per festival, giving your film a better chance of going forwards into the WFC Network!
WFC Global Network has a unique model, which is nothing like any other film festivals you have ever heard of before.We provide genuine opportunity to filmmakers, right from the submission level. It includes introductions to regional and international sales agents, distributors and talent managers. WFC’s aim is to help you launch your professional career within the film industry – showcasing your work around the world, building press coverage, exposing you to sales agents, distributors, global production companies, talent agencies, and worldwide producers. The festival welcomes work from all over the world. We expect to receive films with courage, personable endeavor and unique voices.
AWARDS & PRIZES
All Officially Selected projects in each month will receive WFC – Singapore laurels and certificates. All monthly Award Winners will receive laurel and customized certificates and are rated on their respective IMDb pages (if applicable). Each month, most representatives of monthly award winners are screened in Singapore.
Besides the BEST OF THE CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS, CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS, AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS and HONOURABLE MENTION AWARDS, which are given, in all categories.
Each year we select the Best of the Best (From the pool of all award winners from all Seasons) and the FINAL WINNERS receive the prestigious GOLDEN MERLION AWARDS and are screened at the theatre in Singapore in front of a live audience.
2020 Winners will have a chance to meet with the audience and participate in the Q&A session after the screening. We also provide incentives for winning films, and present promotional strategies for those films and their directors. We published reviews of annual winning films by the esteemed writers from CULT CRITIC magazine. But that’s not all: WFC – Singapore will take you global with the international distribution opportunities for your films.
SUBMIT YOUR FILM EXCLUSIVELY WITH FILMFREEWAY:
390 Victoria Street , Singapore – 188061
Phone: +91 7044647394
RULES & REGULATIONS:
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into the selection process of World Film Carnival, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms. WFC is open to any film regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the WFC is not a guarantee of selection. All the winning films will receive prestigious ‘GOLDEN MERLION AWARD’ Trophy, Certificate of Recognition. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
- Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
- Once a film is submitted to WFC, the same film can’t be re-submitted again.
- A director / producer may submit more than one film. WFC is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the project. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
- The WFC reserves the right to refuse entries.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless WFC, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
- The organizer will not refund any fees once the filmmaker submits his / her film. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission copy may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the programming director or executive director. WFC does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
- After a film has been selected, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the WFC website. The ‘Selected’ status means that you can use the WFC Laurel on your poster & banners.
- All submitted films will be privately screened for WFC judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
- “Best of the Best” films will receive prestigious GOLDEN MERLION AWARD, Trophyand Certificate.
- Filmmakers’ submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
- We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link of your film.
- WFC may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall be become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.
All filmmakers understand and accept that if their film is accepted for presentation and screening at the Red carpet premiere, they grant full and unrestricted permission for WFC to screen the film/video at times of the organization’s choice and to charge an admission fee for the presentation of the digital video program. The Filmmaker understands and accepts that they will receive 70% of the Box-office proceeds and rest 30% are retained by the organization to help cover the overall cost of the project’s presentation. It should be noted for the record that box-office proceeds never cover the cost of presentation of the Features Film Programs. Required Legal Stuff: The filmmaker releases WFC from any and all liability for damages or destruction of the entered DCP. The Filmmaker understands that the entered DCP will be retained in a secure facility by the organization, and every effort will be taken to protect and control the viewing of this production. The organization assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations or piracy of the entry. The Filmmaker accepts and understands that WFC, in conjunction with HLC Studio, Kolkata will do everything possible to present the video in the best possible manner but the organization is not responsible for any and all malfunctions during the presentation of the production at its premiere screening. We use Professional Pioneer International playback systems, all formats, all regions, including Region 0. All entries are carefully pre-screened prior to the public showing to assure that the DCP does perform to industry Standards. WFC assumes no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of this video at the actual event. The organization reserves the complete right to make changes in the program dates and times and to possibly not screen the video, despite its being selected for screening. The filmmaker will endeavor to present to the organizer a new and pre-checked Hard disk / DCP for the actual presentation of the video at the event.